Avocado, Roasted Garlic & Bacon Dressing
This dressing can be used on salads, grilled chicken, salmon or any fish, Nachos, Veggie dip or Pasta! You’re only limited by your imagination.
Makes 20 Tablespoons or 11/4 cups
Serving size – 1 Tbsp
Avocados – 2 medium,
Roasted Garlic – 3 small cloves
Dried Parsley – 11/4 Tbsp
Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
Lime Juice – 3 Tbsp
Sea Salt – 1/2 tsp
Bacon Fat – 3 Tbsp (melted)
Avocado Oil – 1 Tbsp ( optional)
Bacon – (Oven Baked) – 1 1/2 slices, chopped (to taste)
– Preheat oven to 350°F.
– Cut top 1/4 inch off heads of garlic to expose cloves. Place garlic in small baking dish. Add oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Turn garlic cut side up. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until garlic skins are golden brown and cloves are tender, about 55 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins.
– At the same time place bacon strips on a cookie sheet and cook your bacon till slightly crispy (reserve the fat from the bacon)
– Once the garlic bacon are done, put together all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
– Blend or process until creamy and smooth. It’s ok to leave some chunky bits as well.
– Refrigerate in a covered mason jar in the refrigerator. This will keep for 4-6 days.
* Notes: This can also have coconut cream added for extra creaminess. I added 2 tbsp
I have used this with Nacho chips and veggies. I also added this to my Omelet this morning, delicious!!!
** Be aware, if you add the coconut cream it will change your macros.
Nutritional information per tablespoon: Calories: 46 – Carbs 1g – Fat 4g – Protein 0g – Fiber 1 g
(via My Fitness Pal)